Sunday 7 April 2013

English Oak with leaves (2nd of 3: Tree&Leaves series, A5)

The first one of the trilogy was published on 11/2/2013.  (Turkey Oak)

Today, I'm going to upload the second one.  (The third one will be uploaded some time later.)  This is English Oak.  English oak is so common that it's seen everywhere in the UK.  The one I made this print stands on a small field in my town.  English oak can be quite massive, but this one, I would say, is middle-sized.  I liked the balanced form of its trunk.  Its branches were growing down almost onto the ground, but the thick trunk holds them strongly.

English Oak 2012
(Japanese vinyl relief, 2 rounds with 2 colours, A5)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to hear about my blog, art work or anything you might be interested in. Please feel free to leave a message.