Thursday 22 October 2015

My First Solo Exhibition in Japan


I have been preparing the artwork for my solo exhibition in November in Japan.  There will be a series of my 4 seasons' wildlife art work of original paper-cut artwork, screen prints and relief prints.

'when you walk in woods and meadows'

As imagined, my great interest is wildlife around here.

Alongside the original paper-cut artwork, I have collaborated with the Printhaus, the screen print art studio in Cardiff to create screen prints from the artwork since it's difficult to make screen prints by myself with my wrists.  They did to make stencils from my original work, to create colours what I wanted, to make screens, to print etc....  The work was tremendously demanding, but they were always patient to listen to me and hardworking.  

I cannot say thank them enough.  I am overjoyed with the work they have completed!

I am very thrilled about this special event.

Next week I'll fly to Japan.  The exhibition will be held between 4th and 8th of November.  I am going to update on this blog and Face Book as well.

When I get back home, I will take part in various craft fairs around south Wales(details updated soon).



The new calendar for 2016 of wild plants (relief prints) will be on sale as well.



2 comments:

  1. Lovely, have a good trip and a wonderful exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Peter. A lot of people popped in and it went well. I'll update the blog soon :)

      Delete

I would like to hear about my blog, art work or anything you might be interested in. Please feel free to leave a message.