Thursday 7 April 2016

New! Spring Screen Print: 'Bluebells and Wood Mice'

New! Screen Print

'Bluebells and Wood Mice'

10x10cm on 21x21cm 270gsm paper

3 colours (water based acrylic ink)


The new screen print for this spring is now ready.

The new series sticks to the small 10x10 cm square size, but 3 colours are used (the previous series was used 2 colours.)  The background looks black in the picture but actually dark brown which adds softer atmosphere to the image.

After having made the latest original paper-cutting piece earlier this year,I worked on the computer to coordinate the colours.  Then I brought it to Printhaus in Cardiff.  (Although it's not hard to draw and create paper-cutting work, I cannot do screen print by myself because of my wrists' problem.)  Thanks again to the Printhaus in Cardiff for finishing the screen print work for me!

(Printhaus is an arts collective, based in Cardiff, Wales, UK, that actively supports local artists and offers small scale commissions from them like me.)

I am trying to reopen my Etsy shop soon.  This new screen prints as well as previous prints will be on sale.


'Bluebells and Wood Mice' was inspired from my favourite woodland near by our house.  It's a brief period of bluebell bloom, from late April to early May.  The native British (or Welsh) bluebells, not the cultivated Spanish one, thrives in ancient woods of mixed deciduous trees such as beech, ash etc.  We usually don't see animals that live in the woods, but can imagine their story.  Tiny wood mice and other small creatures, such as frog like in the picture, are busying themselves after waking up from hibernation, far away from a fox, roaming unknowingly elsewhere.







The first edition of 25 was put in a picture frame.  This size fits to a conventional picture frame from such as IKEA, NEXT, John Lewis, or of course a frame shop where you can order a tailor-made frame.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to hear about my blog, art work or anything you might be interested in. Please feel free to leave a message.