Saturday 18 January 2014

Felt Work: Peas in Pods

Finally 'Pea Project' has been finished during the Christmas break.

I bought a bag of colourful natural dyed felt in a organic shop in Germany many years ago; always wanted felt making but no idea how to do it.  

Some years ago, I picked up the felt.  At first I made little balls with warm coloured felt. It was a great fun of rolling a small piece of felt in palms, and a lot of tiny balls popped out from my hands in a short time. After having had enjoyed ball making, I looked at them for a while.  Do they look like peas?

Inspired from overgrown pods in my tiny vegetable patch at a corner of our back garden, green pods were created for the peas.  Four pods with peas were created soon after, but I abandoned them in a drawer because I had no idea what to do with them.

It's time to finish off to decorate these pods!  It was just before Christmas.  I took out some cross stitch threads from my tiny sewing container, and found old white cloth nappies made of cotton 100% in a bag of old cloths for recycling.

Two piece of pea pods work:


'get on with'
(felt, cross stitch threads, cotton cloth, 23x23cm)
Usually I don't use words in my art work, but it was at the end of the year.  So I felt like having a new years resolution.  'Get on with what?' is up to you.


'just being peas'
(felt, cross stitch threads, cotton cloth, 23x23cm)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to hear about my blog, art work or anything you might be interested in. Please feel free to leave a message.