Wednesday 8 January 2014

Story of my Calendars sent to Germany


Yesterday lovely photographs came through to me vial email from a cousin of my husband who lives in a Bavarian town, between Nuremberg and Munich, Germany.  I was very delighted of her greeting message and the photos.

The beginning was just last month, in December 2013.  She posted a message to me regarding my 2013 calendar, which was shown on this blog on 22.October 2013.  Some of mothers, whose children as well as her child went to a kindergarten in Eichstätt of the State Bavaria, were interested in the calendar.  She asked in the message if I could send some of them to her.

I was very interested in the kindergarten, which their children attended, and searched the website, Waldkindergarten.  Would have been ideal for me when I was a small child!  Children spend their precious time mostly in the nature.  The name of the kindergarten, Spielraum Wald und Wiese, shows that children play and learn through the experience in the wonderful natural space including woodlands and meadows.



Waldkindergarten




photos: courtesy of the cousin and her husband

I wanted to contribute something towards running the kindergarten, and thought. Would it be a nice idea to send my calendars to Germany as a donation.  I suggested the cousin that she could sell the calendar to those who were interested in and the money collected would go straight to the kindergarten.

So, I rushed into packing a small batch of calendars in a parcel and sent the parcel to her, having hoped that it would arrive there before Christmas broke up so that she had time to sell them as Christmas presents.  Luckily she received the parcel in time and could collect the money.  She wrote that the money would be used towards purchasing new materials, which sounded brilliant!  The amount of my donation was small, though, I was glad that it helped a little bit for such a nice kindergarten.  Thank you so much, cousin and her family, as well as those who are involved in the Waldkindergarten!



PS: Ich möchte herzlich danken derjenigen, die die Kalender eingekauft haben.  Ich habe zwar, die Pflanzen bzw. Blätter, die hier in der Gegend, South Wales von Groß Britannien, gezeichnet, und die Namen sind auf Englisch gezeichnet.  Aber man kann ja die Pflanzen auch in Deutschland im Wald oder auf der Wiese finden, außer Englisch Oak.  Auch Oak, Eichen, wird in Deutschland üblich gesehen.  Ich wünsche ihnen, den Kalender durchs Jahr zu vergnügen!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to hear about my blog, art work or anything you might be interested in. Please feel free to leave a message.