Saturday 5 April 2014

Flourishing Spring in April!

After the foggy days the summer time began on the last Sunday.  We feel the evenings are brighter and longer.  The buds are growing everyday which make the trees greener, and spring flowers are splendid  everywhere.  I enjoy walking in my town, watching spring flowers like vibrant yellow forsythia, smelling the scent of magnolia.

The weather hasn't been very good, but I took a chance for a walk yesterday in the early evening as the blue sky emerged between thick grey the late afternoon.  It was a sunny pleasant evening.  There were some people walking leisurely without thick coat, who had the same idea like me in the meadow.  Birds, probably black birds, robins, blue tits and possibly skylarks, were chirping somewhere I couldn't see.  Other than that, it was a calm pleasant evening.


Blackthorn blossoms

The white flowers of blackthorn (sloe is better known) were full in bloom now.  I feel the spring has come when seeing them in fields.

Alexanders

The young leaves of carrot families are thriving vigorously.  Their fresh green colour brightens the smokey colour of the ground.  I always wanted to know one of them; the plants, above, which looks like celery, is Alexanders (smyrnium olusatrum).  The shiny light green stems attracted me to pick, but I resisted my temptation. (It is edible and I am a keen forager.)

Hazel

Hazel's green buds are growing and I could see their fine pleated young leaves stretching.  In a week their branches must be covered with pretty bright green pleated leaves.


In the end of my evening walk, around half past six, I reached at a farm.  Horses were grazing in the field in the evening sun, next to the farm.  Tranquil warm evening in the beginning of April.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to hear about my blog, art work or anything you might be interested in. Please feel free to leave a message.