Monday 17 December 2012

Calendar 2013

LEAVES OF BRITISH TREES

2013


 Calendar with single colour (sometimes 2 colours like December) each month
different colours every 2 months

Calendar with 2 colours each month
different colour for leaves every 2 months and 2 colours for calendar side alternately

I made calendars for the nus nus Winter Fair, which consists 12 different leaves in each month.  Actually I wanted to make the calendar made of paper, but didn't have enough time to find.  As a compromise, I found acrylic case.  And yet many people liked them.  I would like to thank you!

LEAVES OF BRITISH "TREES"; yes it is precisely not correct.  Ivy is not a tree but a climber , but I liked to put it in the calendar since the evergreen leaves attract our eyes in the dark winter.  The same applies to holly leaves.  I like the vermillion berries, which are usually picked up by birds quickly every year but were luckily still on the branches when I was sketching.

A friend of mine mentioned that she was surprised maidenhair tree (better known as ginkgo) was a British tree.  Origin is actually China, but nowadays you can find them broadly in the UK.  The ginkgo leaves I sketched is found in my town somewhere.

So you might know now the leaves I printed are those of trees which grow widely in the UK today.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to hear about my blog, art work or anything you might be interested in. Please feel free to leave a message.