Tuesday 11 December 2012

London Plane

London plane 2012
(Asian plywood relief, 3 rounds with 6 colours, 
265 x 380mm)

In my town London Plane trees are often seen on roadsides.  I like the hairy red flowers between the big leaves, but also the prickle fruite on the bare branches.  On dry crisp days I sketched trees; usually the chatty mag pies make busy themselves from branches to branches, sometimes black birds are singing pleasantly.  Sketching in the winter is not very confortable, but it is often something to find with pleasure.  I wanted to put this pleasure (birds, I mean) on the work.  (Birds were 

London Plane simple 2012
(Asian plywood relief, 2 rounds with 4 colours, 
265 x 380mm)

3 plywood panels were used for the work (top).  In fact, the fruits (but they look like snow) and the birds were simultaneously printed on the 3rd round.  I kept some 1st round printings, which means only bare trees stand as samples.  But I thought, it might be worth to try to do the 3rd round without the 2nd round.  This is the work without red branches.  It looks simple with winterly atmosphere (purple grey dots/fruits look like snow).  I like this, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to hear about my blog, art work or anything you might be interested in. Please feel free to leave a message.