Wednesday 13 March 2013

At last, put colour on

Having started in January, I've been still working on a print making.  My target to finish off is by the end of this month.  Otherwise the Easter rabbit won't come to me!

The painstaking work is engraving; no, parting a draft into different colour parts, for which I spend a lot of time.  Engraving needs simply patience, care, and of course, time, but straightforward.  Once everything done, I can enjoy the final colouring, or say, printing process.  It is the most rewarding time during the whole printing process.

At last, I've started putting the first colour on paper yesterday.   I bought a new hand-crafted baren (a rubbing disk to print the colour from a block) from Japan in December.

At the first try, how smooth, how light I could move on the paper!  It was well worth to spend for that baren.  I'm very happy with it.

I can put one colour on one day so that the colour on paper gets completely dry.  Today I've put the second colour.  It is always a thrilling moment if two colours can match well.




They are awaiting the next colour.  Tomorrow the third colour comes onto them.  Then the fourth colour comes the day after tomorrow, then the fifth the day after the day after tomorrow.... only if I can manage to carry on every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to hear about my blog, art work or anything you might be interested in. Please feel free to leave a message.