Friday 15 March 2013

Paper Cuts: Spring Flowers 2013


It's getting brighter and brighter, and I'm delighted that it's not dark more when I get up in the morning.  The winter time will be switched to the summer time a couple of weeks!  Well, I have to get up 1 hour earlier but can feel the evening longer, which is nice.

I like flowers as well as trees.  These papar cuts are of primrose, early dog-violet and wood anemone.

Spring Flower Series 2013
<Primrose; Early Dog-Violet, Wood Anemone>

primrose 
(paper cut, black origami paper on white backed paper, 7.5x7.5cm, 2013)

Primrose has actually baby pastel yellow flower.  I didn't know that before having come to Europe from Japan.  Primroses there have mostly (or at all) vivid red, pink, violet flowers.  They are found in shady meadows, or on the ground near by woodland.

early dog-violet 
(paper cut, black origami paper on white backed paper, 7.5x7.5cm, 2013)

This tiny pastel violet plants have dwelled in our front garden for 5, 6 years.  Perhaps some small animals (like hedgehogs, cat, or even fox!) transported the seeds.  In a year the violets were scattered everywhere in the front garden.  They look very sensitive, but in fact, they have very strong roots, which are not simply got rid of.  I have tried to reduce them, but failed.  Now I gave up and enjoy the flower for tea, cake, salad.  I made even delicious jelly from the flowers.

wood anemone 
(paper cut, black origami paper on white backed paper, 7.5x7.5cm, 2013)

This wood anemone looks like fritillary, and yet I didn't doubt that it was so.  The bunch of white flowers were in a woodland near by Michealston-le-Pit (outskirts of Cardiff).  They looked like this picture when I saw.  It might be because it was in the early evening and the petals were closed for sleeping (or dreaming).  But anyway, this wood anemone is the only one of the three which has white flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to hear about my blog, art work or anything you might be interested in. Please feel free to leave a message.