Sunday 24 March 2013

London Plane leaf

This spring is awfully cold.  It's almost at the end of March; the early cherry blossoms should've been over but their buds stopped growing.  The crocuses in the front garden have still flowers.  It's odd.

When I got up today morning, the sky was grey and stormy.   The thermometer at the house  showed minus 2 ℃!  Here in the south Wales it's very rare even in the middle of the winter.  The BBC weather forecast said it would remain cloudy and cold.

So, I ended up to stay at home and finish my work.  There were distractions in between (cooking; I made handmade pasta, children fighting, etc.) as I usually do not sit at my desk on Sunday.  But finally I finished the last panel today on the prints.  It had taken almost 3 month since I made a draft in January.  I'll take pictures of the print some time soon and put it on this blog later.

Anyway, I'd like to put my work one by one.  This time is a small print of a London Plane leaf.

I made prints of its bare tree.  (See the blog on 11/12/2012)  London Plane has large fan like leaves and hairy fruits (followed by red hairy flowers in the early summer) in the summer.  These trees are seen often in towns.

This work was created quite early as a colour study; I tried layering different colours on the leaf and the background.  But it's hard to distinguish the subtle colour in the picture.  

London Plane Leaf
Plywood relief printing, water based ink, 6 panels, 6 colours, A4, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to hear about my blog, art work or anything you might be interested in. Please feel free to leave a message.