Sunday 16 March 2014

Foggy Days

It's been dry, no rain.  But it had been foggy for a couple of days this week.  Everything outside had been sunk in the milky cold atmosphere.  Animals, especially birds and squirrels,  were interestingly silent as if they had put a mute on them.  Fog appears in this area not very often.  They must be awake somewhere in the thick fog, and be waiting until they can see that they are safe to move.

I was walking at a sea shore.  It was low tide.  I couldn't even hear the noise of the sea waves.  A man with a dog appeared vaguely from the milky vail on the sandy beach.  I walked to another pebble beach.  Tiny reddish leaves between pebbles caught my eye.  Perhaps common storksbill?  They probably survived the mild winter there, safely protected by the pebbles.



I walked on a lakeside park on the same day, too.  There, animals were silent.  Even though I saw a lot of birds like swans and seagulls, they were silently floating on the lake.  It was like being in a huge fridge.  The air is misty and cold.  The usual places looked now mysterious.  The mute landscape is enigmatic.




No wind, but I could see the tiny bits of moisture drifting in the air.  The moisture sometimes stops over the surface of plants while drifting.  The sun must have been further above the thick fog, and been shining as ever.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to hear about my blog, art work or anything you might be interested in. Please feel free to leave a message.